Sir Richard Branson Thought He Was Going To Die in Bike Crash This Week

Image from Virgin.com
This is happened this week. Sir Richard Branson, The Virgin tycoon, has revealed all about the terrifying moment he thought he was going to die in a high-speed bike crash this week.

In Holiday on the British Virgin Islands with his family, Sir Branson cycling with his children Holly and Sam when the horrific incident occurred on Monday 22nd August.

The 66-year-old businessman was rushed to hospital in Miami, Florida, where they found he was suffering from torn ligaments and a cracked cheek. Pretty bad condition.




Image from Virgin.com
Writing in his blog for Virgin.com, he explained: "I was heading down a hill towards Leverick Bay when it suddenly got really dark and I managed to hit a 'sleeping policeman' hump in the road head on.

"The next thing I knew, I was being hurled over the handlebars and my life was literally flashing before my eyes.


Image from Virgin.com
"I really thought I was going to die. I went flying head-first towards the concrete road, but fortunately my shoulder and cheek took the brunt of the impact."

Branson said the fact he was wearing a helmet almost certainly saved his life and that his bike went flying off the cliff.

He added: "I really couldn't believe I was alive, let alone not paralysed."

It is amazing Sir Richard hasn't been killed already given the long list of accidents involving the business tycoon.

Five years ago there was a huge fire at his £75 million house on Necker Island. Six months ago he was bitten by a shark while swimming with stingrays in the Cayman Islands and, on that same trip, he smashed his head into a glass door while shopping with his wife.


Image from : Virgin.com
Maybe there's a sign from those accidents, maybe he needs to relax a bit, or wiser, or signs that he need to stop doing some "crazy" things, or signs that he get older and need more chill out. Who knows?

We wish Sir Richard get recovery soon. This accident serves as a reminder why it's so important to wear helmets when riding a bike. This shit could happen to anybody. And remember there's God to keep him still alive with that horrific accident, something between life and death.
Previous
Next Post »